Let our love extend beyond our loved ones and our home, and include this land we call home. So let’s show Mother Earth some love.
It’s no secret that we live in an ecosystem that is hurting from issues such as rocketing carbon emissions, mountains of non-biodegradable plastic waste, and the extreme pollution.
Here are some simple ways to save our planet:
Simple changes can help to conserve energy in the home such as:
- Switching the lights off when you leave the room
- Replacing your light bulbs with low energy LED lights
- Switch off artificial lights and use windows and skylights to brighten your home
- Cook with lid on
- Switch to solar powered devices
- Switch to energy efficient Appliances
2.Save the bees
Plan bee friendly flowers or herbs. Keep bee habitats and pollination growing. Seventy out of the top 100 human food crops — which supply about 90 percent of the world’s nutrition — are pollinated by bees.
Tips to save bees:
- Plant various types of flowers in your garden
- Limit the use of insecticides and herbicides in your garden
- Buy local raw honey
3.Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three "R's" to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
Drive less and walk more
If you aren’t walking much then get used to walking. For longer distances, you can use a bicycle–cycling and walking are excellent forms of exercise. Both cycling and walking helps to reduce pollution, saving money and fuel. Using public transport can also help reduce pollution and commuting costs to a great extent.
5.Become a ZeroHero
Choose non-toxic cleaners with Zero Sulfates, Zero phosphates and Zero harsh chemicals for the cleaning of your house so that the harmful toxins don’t end up in our water bodies, because as much as cleaning matters, how you clean matters too!