It’s been a year ever since we have been cleaning and disinfecting every little package or item that enters our home to minimize the possibility of exposure. This seems to be the new-normal.
Here are a few ways to make sure you are properly cleaning and disinfecting your home and keeping your household as germ-free as possible.
- High-touch surfaces- You don’t need to clean your house from top to bottom each day, but you should focus on disinfecting the areas that are hot-spots for germs. These are the most important items to disinfect every day: doorknobs, tables, handles, light switches, and counter-tops, computer keyboard and mouse, toilets - especially the seat and handle.
- Wear gloves for all tasks in the cleaning process. Throw away disposable items like gloves and masks if they are used during cleaning. Do not clean and re-use.
- Clean surfaces using a product suitable for each surface, following instructions on the product label.
- Using simple water and soap or detergent to clean is quite effective since soap helps in rendering viruses ineffective.
- Cleaning should always start from the least soiled (cleanest) area to the most soiled (dirtiest) area to not spread the dirt other way around.
- Washing your hands frequently- It’s been repeated countless times, but that’s because it’s true: no matter what you do, the best way to lower your risk of contracting COVID-19 or passing it to someone else is to wash your hands.
Remember how you clean matters! Use cleansers which are non toxic and safe for you and your family.